At Great Hearts Lakeside, we believe that education is a matter not only of the mind, but of the heart. Our work helping our scholars grow in their ability to make moral choices extends to every part of our school day—including carline. Our scholars know that they are expected to show the virtue of responsibility during carline so that everyone stays safe and carline moves as quickly as possible.
The single most effective way we help our students grow in virtue is by modeling virtuous behavior for them. We ask you, our parents, to demonstrate integrity and citizenship for your children in carline by following our guidelines.
Each day we help roughly 720 students at the Lower School and 180 students at the Upper School getting into our school building and back out at the end of the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding with our dismissal procedures. They are designed to be as safe and efficient as possible.
Following these procedures ensures that carline moves as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
- Do not park in Solea’s parking lot. We want to be gracious neighbors.
- Once you enter the parking lot, please stop using your cell phone.
- Drive carefully and slowly in the parking lot, even if there are no cars directly in front of you.
- Once the lane splits around the “avocado” area, you must stay in your lane.
- When walking up, there is no need to cross the carline on the south end of the “avocado” area. Walk in between the cones and the fence.
If you arrive before 7:15 am, you must keep your scholar with you until the traffic captain waves you past.
- The school does not open until 7:15 am. Leaving your scholar before 7:15 am means there is no responsible for him or her.
Unload scholars after you have passed the fire hydrant.
- Unloading before the fire hydrant will only slow down the entire process. Please trust us on this.
Lower School (K-5): If you arrive after 7:40 am, you must park, walk you scholar into the school and sign him or her in.
Upper School (6-7) scholars are still in class at 3:30 pm (Mon-Thur) and 1:30 pm (Fri). These scholars will not be dismissed at 3:30 pm/1:30 pm and you may not wait in the line for them. You will have to leave and go through carline again.
If walking up to the side door for pick-up, you may begin to line up at 3:25 pm.
- The “avocado” area is used as an outdoor classroom space.
- Lining up before 3:25 pm means scholars are losing their class time.
You may line up for carline as early as 2:30 pm.
When you have all your scholars in your car, please take down the placards so that the we know your car is ready to leave.
Picking up early? You must be in the building, at the Front Desk by 2:59 pm (Mon-Thur) and 12:59 pm (Fri). You must have your driver’s license with you, even if you have your placard in hand. If you miss this cutoff, you will have to go through walk-up or carline.
If you need any adjustments to or more copies of your carline placards, please send an email to email@example.com.